Mary B. Martin School is located in the heart of the Hough neighborhood, near the artistic and cultural hub of University Circle and the rapidly expanding Cleveland Clinic campus.
We've made a significant investment in technology, including a computer lab and media center. We have desktop computers in every classroom, and iPads, laptops and cameras that rotate among the classrooms.
We benefit from multiple community partnerships who provide support and resources for our scholars:
- University Circle, Inc.'s Early Learning Initiative creates a vital link between preschool teachers, students and families and the collections and live performance resources at University Circle. The Linking Education and Discover program provides K-8 students with field trips to nearby museums and institutions to introduce real-world applications to classroom lessons.
- PNC Bank's "Grow Up Great" program provides professional development in arts and extended learning activities to Pre-K teachers to enhance scholars' classroom experience and to engage parents in their children's learning.
- Case Western Reserve University, the Beech Brook behavioral and mental health agency and Murtis Taylor Human Services System support our health and wellness programming.
- After-School All-Stars Ohio offers a variety for after-school activities for scholars in grades 1-7 to keep children safe and to help them discover new interests. Mary B. Martin was chosen as a pilot site last year, and the program was a huge success.
- The Cleveland Foundation and several other partners offer the True2U mentoring and career awareness program to prepare eighth grade students for the transition from middle school to high school.