Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is responsible for the development of programs and strategies to support the meaningful district-wide engagement of families and community stakeholders in The Cleveland Plan. At the core of our work is expanding the capacity of schools to partner with families and community-based organizations in support of student achievement and school improvement.
The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is committed to authentic engagement of families/parents and community partners that reflects the following core values:
- All parents have dreams for their children and want the best for them
- All parents have the capacity to support their children’s learning
- Parents and school staff should be equal partners in the education of children
- The primary responsibility for building partnerships between home and school rests mainly with school leaders and staff
- Our community partners and stakeholders are valuable contributors to the education of our students in preparing them to compete in the 21st Century Global Economy and are critical to the success of The Cleveland Plan and the continued vitality of the region.
Every school will welcome every family and student (regardless of race, ethnicity, religious orientation, socioeconomic status, linguistic differences, or family structure), community agencies and volunteers, actively engaging them as partners in student learning and school improvement.
3:50 PM - 4:30 PM Buhrer: High School Choice Parent Meeting
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM George Washington Carver - Family Night
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Washington Park: SPO Meeting
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Facing History College & Career PAC Workshop