Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Eric Moore
Let me introduce myself.
Name: Eric Moore
6th - 8th Grade Teacher of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
Specialization in Math and Reading Intervention.
Welcome to Middle School!
Let's be honest: in some ways these are going to be some of the toughest years of your life and in other ways these are going to be the best.
My job is to:
1) make sure that you are safe,
2) make sure that you get an education that will help you get through high school, college, and the real world, and
3) make sure that we try to limit how tough these years are.
What I need from you (students):
What I need from you (parents):
Who I am:
Education is unequivocally the most important thing in a person's life.
Because it is so important, all students have the right to receive an non-biased education in a safe environment that will prepare them for success in life. Education should take into account a person's individual differences, respect these differences and be sympathetic to their needs. However it should always push a person to be better, never giving up because the journey is too difficult.
Education is what throws off the shackles of oppression and discrimination and allows for true freedom and empowerment. It should give hope that one can do anything that they put their mind to.
• Employed in Cleveland Metropolitan School District (2009-present).
• Interpreter for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (2009-2016).
• Intervention Specialist (2016-present).
• Work a second job in the private sector.
• Associates Degree from Cuyahoga Community College in Deaf Interpretive Services (2006).
• Bachelors Degree from Kent State University in Special Education - Deaf Education (2016).
• Masters Degree from Muskingum University in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (2017).