Degrees and Certifications:
August 14, 2017
Dear Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s):
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as your child’s new 4th grade math and science teacher and just to give you a sense of what both you and your child can expect from me this year.
I studied at Cleveland State University where I earned my B.A degree in Elementary Education in 2001; I started teaching with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District in 2002. Later, I earned my Masters as an Intervention Specialist in 2015 at CSU.
I believe every student is unique and has different interests and learning styles. My goal is for our classroom to be a community of learners based on mutual respect for all individual differences. I want everyone to know that our (not my) classroom is a safe environment where students are encouraged to share, learn from one another, and learn from me, just as I will learn from them.
I believe strongly in the ancient African Proverb, “It takes a village to raise a child.” If we work together (parent, teacher, and student), success will be inevitable. If you need to reach me, please call (216) 838-4200 and leave a message with the best time to call and I will gladly return your telephone call at my earliest convenience.
If you would, please share information with me about your child by completing the enclosed questionnaire so that I may begin to plan to meet his/her needs and expectations.
Below you’ll find a series of questions to include in your student questionnaire:
- What are your child’s interests?
- What would you like me to know about your child?
- What are your concerns, if any?
- What is your child’s attitude towards school?
- What has been helpful for your child in the past?
- How does your child learn best?
- What additional help might your child need this year? How might I best offer this additional support?
- What is your child passionate about?
- What are some of his/her favorite things to do outside of school?