Workday is a new software that will dramatically improve our human resources, finance, purchasing and payroll systems & processes to make them more accurate and efficient by automating manual processes, streamlining work and consolidating our many software systems into one place. For example, Workday will:
- Automate the employee requisition process,
- Streamline the purchase ordering process,
- Replace the AS400 system,
- Use only one source of record for human resources, finance, purchasing and payroll
We have older technology that lacks critical functions. Our current systems are inflexible and unable to meet the needs of the district. The same information is housed in different systems and results in duplicate efforts. Some of our systems consist of paper and spreadsheets.
Workday is easy to use and has a more modern look and feel. It can be accessed and used wherever you have internet access. Which means you can use it from home.
Employees will be able to:
- Keep their personal information up to date
- View more detailed paystubs on-line
- Paystubs will breakdown hours worked and overtime
- See time-sheet information real time
- Have expenses reimbursed more timely
- Change direct deposit-accounts
Supervisors will enjoy:
- Data that is visible to all users
- Automated PO/resolution process
- Procurement status will be seen real time
- Improved reporting capabilities
- Ability to see payroll data
- Ability to tell when a charge hits a cost center and what it was for
- Improved purchasing efficiencies
For more information visit the Workday@CMSD website: http://www.clevelandmetroschools.org/Workday Or send a note to WorkdayInfo@clevelandmetroschools.org
Yes. When the Workday system goes live, your Workday password will align to your Outlook UserID and Password. When the Outlook password changes your Workday password will, also.
Workday is compatible with all browsers. Google Chrome and Firefox seem to work best with Workday.
No, only those with appropriate levels of security access to see this information will be allowed to see employee personal information.
- Click your Related Actions > Personal Data > Change My Photo.
- Click the Select files button to locate, crop, and upload your image, or drag and drop your image directly into the Attachments section from your desktop. You can crop and adjust the image by dragging the white corners to the desired specifications. The portion of the image within the unshaded circle represents how your photo will look on your Profile page.
- Click OK > Submit.
- Your manager's approval is required before the change takes effect.
Yes. However you must sign out of both Workday and Outlook and close the browser when you finish entering your time to completely log out of the system.