Welcome to the Office of Student Assignments!
Our department is the main source in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District to assign students to the schools of his/her grade level serving the attendance area in which the student’s parent or court appointed custodian resides. The office of Student Assignments is located on the second floor of the Superior Administration building.
Please remember when visiting the Office of Student Assignments that only a parent/guardian can complete enrollment of a student who is returning or entering CMSD for the first time. Registration cannot be completed without bringing the following documentation:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Shot Records
- Proof of Address that includes the parent’s complete name and address and is dated within 30 days (utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, paycheck stub, court order, bank statement, etc …)
- Parent/Guardian’s Photo I.D.
- Proof of grade level (report card, progress report, transcript, withdrawal form)
- Custody Documentation (if applicable)
- Current IEP or MFE (if applicable)
The Student Assignment Office is responsible for insuring all students are attending the appropriate schools. Our guidelines and procedures are developed based on the following:
- Maintaining efficient use of facilities
- Providing options to parents that will best meet the needs of their family
- Providing choices to explore a variety of educational opportunities that will launch their child towards meeting the diverse needs for the world after school.
In addition to school assignments, the Student Assignment Office also helps parents, students, and schools with scenarios involving custody, residency, and family hardships including school assignments, School Choice procedures, and student records from closed CMSD schools.
The Office of Student Assignments staff work with parents buildings administrators, other District staff, and community to ensure that each student is serviced with the highest degree of professionalism and equity.
The professional staff in the Student Assignments Office is available to assist you through the enrollment process and to help you better understand how students are assigned to schools here are CMSD from 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Friday.
Office of Student Assignments
Cleveland Metropolitan School District
1111 Superior Ave., E
Suite 1800Cleveland, OH, 44113
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Phone: (216) 838-KIDS (5437) | Fax: (216) 436-5178
We are proud to serve our CMSD families!