Cell Phone Policy
Per board policy, cell phones may only be used as follows:
- As authorized by the teacher for INSTRUCTIONAL use
- Before or after entering school, unless on a school bus
- To communicate with immediate family members during a district emergency
- To communicate with immediate family as authorized and supervised by a staff member
- Per IEPs, 504s, or Health Plan
Cell Phones may NOT be used for the following:
- To violate any other section of the Student Code of Conduct
- To commit a crime
- To violate another person’s privacy
- To take photographs, video or audio of other individuals without explicit authorization from all parties involved.
- Verbal reminder
- Confiscation and return at end of class period
- Confiscation by building administration and returned at the end of the school day and written notification to parent/guardian.
- Confiscation by building administration, written notification to parent/guardian and safe storage until parent/guardian retrieval.
- Chronic violations constitute a level II-R offense and is subject to disciplinary action according to the Student Code of Conduct.
- Refusal to surrender a phone or electronic device constitutes a level II-I offense and is subject to disciplinary action according to the Student Code of Conduct.
OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES:Students are not permitted to bring toys or electronic devices such as iPods and Game Boys to school. If any of these items are confiscated (after the day begins) they will be held per the procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.