The Parent Leadership Institute seeks to enable parents and caregivers to become leading advocates for children and school improvement under The Cleveland Plan. The institute will consist of workshops and presentations by district leaders, curriculum specialists, parent leaders, community partners and special guests.
The Parent Leadership Institute will strive to:
- Help parents and caregivers become the leaders they would like to be for children;
- Expand the capacity of parents and caregivers as change agents for children;
- Inform parents and caregivers about the policies and procedures of the school district, Title IA, ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act), district initiatives, and their rights and responsibilities.
- Develop communities of parents and caregivers that will support one another in both their skills development and successful parent action for children;
- Facilitate parents' capacity to offer input into community efforts at the school, neighborhood, regional and state level;
- Facilitate systems change for family engagement with increased utilization of parents and caregivers in policy and process decisions.
Parents and caregivers who are members of School Parent Organizations (SPO), Parent Advisory Committees (PAC), or monthly principal parent meetings are encouraged to attend.All CMSD parents and caregivers are welcome.
Childcare, lunch and transportation assistance are available.
Saturday, April 14, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For more information call Tracy Hill, Executive Director at 216.838.0331.