Website Accessibility for Site Administrators
CMSD is committed to website accessibility for everyone. Our school site administrators are the front line for keeping all of the school website content ADA compliant.
Required for all web editors
Watch this quick video to familiarize yourself with the accessibility concerns and learn strategies that you can implement to overcome them.
Script of video(This video is hosted on the Video app in Office 365. It will display above ONLY while on the District network. If you are off the District network, watch the video here.)When you have completed the video please fill out this form to complete your requirement.
Quick Checklist for your content
- Images have alternate text
- No images of text or blinking images and animation
- Word and Powerpoint documents are properly structured
- PDFs are tagged for accessibility
- Videos are captioned
- Instructions are clear and succinct
- Color choices have proper contrast
- tables are not used for layout
- Simple ways you can make your content accessible!
- Format Accessible Documents
- Principles of PowerPoint Accessibility
- Write Accessible Content
- Caption Video Content
- Microsoft Office - Accessibility video training
- W3C - Web accessibility Initiative - more tools for making your site accessible
- WebAIM.org - lots of tools including evaluators and simulators
- Make PDFs accessible using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Tool for checking website compliance:
Read Blackboard's guide on using this tool to find the most obvious accessibility problems.
Any questions or comment please contact the Web Accessibility Coordinator, Michael Goodill at 216-838-0095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackboard Webinar Video: Website accessibility 101: What it is and how it impacts your school website content. You can jump in at the 16:30 marker to get right to the relevant material.