Office of Professional Development
Promoting educator learning, growth, and leadership
CMSD Support for New and Entry Year Teachers
Whether you are new to teaching or an experienced teacher who is brand new to the district,we want to make sure that you have all the tools you need to set you up for a successful year. We are here to help you learn about our district and to support your ongoing development as a teacher by helping you learn about:
New Teachers are required to attend 30 hours of Professional Development.
What do you need to do?
- Register to attend the New Teacher Learning Series. See the link on the left of this page.
- Register to attend an ER&D series (below)
- If you hold a resident educator license, become familiar with the Resident Educator Website to learn when your after school sessions will be held.
- Talk with your principal about the date you should attend the TDES for New Teachers Training.Sign up on the TDES calendar.
Education Research and Dissemination (ER&D)
It is mandatory that participants attend 1 COMPLETE Series. All ER&D sessions are on Tuesdays. Click on the name of the series below that you plan to attend and you will be taken to the registration page. (Note that some browsers may require you to right click the series name to open the link in a new tab)
Please email Mark.Baumgartner@clevelandmetroschools.org for more information.
Series A: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- September 4 (Series A Session 1)
- October 2 (Series A Session 2
- November 6 (Series A Session 3) Election Day
- December 4 (Series A Session 4)
- January 15 (Series A Session 5)
Series B: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- September 11 (Series B Session 1)
- October 9 (Series B Session 2)
- November 13 (Series B Session 3)
- December 11 (Series B Session 4)
- January 22 (Series B Session 5)
Series C: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- September 18 (Series C Session 1)
- October 16 (Series C Session 2)
- November 20 (Series C Session 3) Day Before Thanksgiving Break
- December 18 (Series C Session 4)
- January 29 (Series C Session 5)
Series D: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- September 25 (Series DSession 1)
- October 23 (Series D Session 2)
- November 27 (Series D Session 3)
- January 8 (Series DSession 4) Day we get back from Winter Break
- February 5 (Series D Session 5)
Series E: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- April 9 (Series E Session 1)
- April 16 (Series E Session 2)
- April 23 (Series E Session 3)
- April 30 (Series E Session 4)
- May 7 (Series E Session 5)
After School Sessions for New Teachers
(More sessions will be added throughout the school year)