The Rhodes School of Environmental Studies reflects the unique aspects of the Old Brooklyn community: strong support of local business and attractions like the Cleveland Zoo. These characteristics will be woven into our three primary curricular focuses: life sciences, social sciences and business. Our graduates will be prepared for post-secondary success through demanding, mastery-based coursework and fieldwork experiences within the Cleveland community.
The Rhodes School of Environmental Studies has four core values that inspire everything that we do. We want students to develop:
- Develop a strong personal agency
- Demonstrating respect and compassion for others
- Awareness of their own strengths and passions
- Promoting environmental stewardship
- Promoting positive community change
- Community-minded leadership with a global perspective
- Engage in expeditionary learning
- Project based learning infused throughout all coursework and capstone projects
- Equipped with a personalized set of skills in order to find success after graduation
- Students can seek alternative solutions to problems
- Learn multiple research methods and problem solving skills
The Rhodes School of Environmental Studies is a 1-to-1 school, so all students will have access to a computer. We will offer a Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathway in Business, which will allow students to earn industry credentials. As juniors and seniors, flexible scheduling will allow students to do an internship and/or take courses at the community college.
Our four year course sequence includes access to Advanced Placement classes and will fulfill the requirements for three different diplomas: the standard high school diploma, the honors high school diploma and/or the honors, career technical diploma. Graduates will be prepared to attend college and pursue careers in the finance and life science/engineering industries.