Useful Resources for Nurses
National Association of School Nurses
School Nurse Chat
Asthma And Allergy Foundation
Ohio Department Of Health
Center For Disease Control
Proctor And Gamble School Programs
Health And Safety Tips
Swift Office Solutions
American Association Of Pediatrics
Ohio Association of School Nurses
Literacy Websites For Nurses And Parent SectionsI am Your Child Foundation
Mid-continent Research for Educating & Learning
Reach Out and Read
Ohio Department of Education
Web Resources for Parents
The use of this site or any other site listed is to educate the consumer on health care and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. This site or any other sites should not be a substitute to seek a medical professional.
- www.drugfree.org- site for parents that includes factual information on a variety of drugs, tips for spotting drug use, and talking to kids about drugs.
- Attention Deficit
- www.chadd.org is a nonprofit, national, family based organization which provides support and disseminates information on attention deficit disorders to children and adults with ADHD.
- Asthma and Allergies
- Cerebral Palsy
- UCPA - a volunteer organization serving the needs of persons with cerebral palsy and other disabilities and their families.
- Cancer.org- community-based volunteer organization which provides information on various cancers and eliminating cancer as the major health problem.
- www.JDG.org - this is the site of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- www.diabetespartnership.org - Diabetes Partnership gives support to children and families living with diabetes. Camp Ho Mita Koda is a free camp for diabetic children in the summer. Since 1929, this camp has helped children learn lifelong habits for living with diabetes. (216-591-0800 or talk to your child's school nurse for details and an application)
- Lice - The following sites are involved at helping eliminated lice
- Spina Bifida
- spinabifidaassociation.org - this organization helps in promoting the prevention of spina bifida and enhances the lives that are affected
General Health Resources
- www.healthfinder.gov- this site provides a variety of information on health topics
- www.aap.org- site of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- www.amicusforchildren.orgthis site provides educational and other resources for special needs children
- www.familydoctor.org- site of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- www.fcsh.org- this site offers a variety of services for children with special needs
- www.health-center.com- provides health information on a variety of topics
- www.mayoclinic.com- provides information on a variety of health topics
- www.parentreport.com- information on newborns to teenagers, tips to help make raising children easier and much more.
- quitday.org- Quit smoking resource
- www.ffsonline.org- Freedom from smoking
Resources for Kids
- Site geared towards kids with games and information for school - www.timeforkids.com
- On-line community for kids and families with diabetes - www.childrenwithdiabetes.com
- Pediatric expert - www.drgreene.com
- Fast food nutritional information - www.culinary-training.com/widget/
- Resource for troubled teens - www.metanoia.org/suicide/