1111 Superior Ave E
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
MAIN PHONE: 216-838-0380 (Centrally managed voicemail - 24 hour response)
Ebony Boothe, Accounts Payable Manager - (216) 838-0385Bernie Eichner, Technical Support - (216) 838-0416
Our mission is to provide timely and accurate expenditure processing of Cleveland Metropolitan School District funds, while maintaining an exceptional level of customer service and financial control.
All processing procedures in Accounts Payable are consistent with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District and the State of Ohio guidelines. The Accounts Payable Division is an essential support function in Educating Cleveland’s Children.
Purchase Orders/Supplier Contracts
- Purchase Orders are required for the payment of goods.
- Supplier Contracts are required for the payment of services rendered.
- Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be obtained from the school/department prior to delivery of goods or the completion of services.
- Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be referenced on invoices submitted to AP for processing.
- Failure to obtain a valid purchase order/supplier contract can result in payment delays.
- For the most efficient processing, invoices should be submitted directly to APinvoice@ClevelandMetroSchools.org
- Include the name of the Supplier in the subject line of the email
- Reference the purchase order/supplier contract in the body of the email.
- Copy the CMSD Educator that generated the purchase orders/supplier contract. This ensures the communication reaches the required approver and AP at the same time.
- Each approver is required to verify receipts of goods and services in Workday.
- Invoices that are submitted to Accounts Payable without a valid purchase order/supplier contract will be returned to the supplier to address.
- Checks are processed on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Spend Authorizations are required for all travel related reimbursements.
- Spend Authorizations are for estimated cost to be reimbursed to the employee and not for district paid items.
- Spend Authorizations should be submitted prior to the associated business related travel.
- Upon completion of the business related travel, employees should submit an Expense Report for reimbursement.
- Itemized receipts are required for all expense report line items, except for Per Diem, which is a daily meal allowance of $35 per day.
- Agendas are required for all travel related expense reports.
- Spend Authorizations are not required for non-travel related reimbursement request.
- Documentation is required for mileage reimbursements.
- Spend Authorizations and Expense Reports must be approved by Cost Center managers.
- $250.00 is the maximum amount allowable for non-travel related reimbursements.
- For assistance with or to check on the status of spend authorizations or expense reports, please contact the main phone line (216) 838-0380
Cash Advance Procedures
- Spend Authorizations are required for all cash advance request.
- The spend authorization should be submitted 2 weeks before the cash advance is needed.
- Cash advance request must be approved by the Cost Center Manager and CFO, Derek Richey.
- Funds are deposited into the recipient’s account within 24-48 hours of the requested date.
- Expenses associated with a cash advance must be documented by original, itemized receipts through the submission of an expense report within 30 days of completion of the trip/use.
- Any cash in excess of the approved reimbursable expenses must be returned to the Cash Office (216) 838-0078 or 838-0079.
- To check on the status of cash advance request contact Ebony Boothe
Current AP Staff e-mails and corresponding vendor name by letter assignments are as follows for questions:
ResponsibilitiesEbony Boothe Email216.838.0385Accounts Payable ManagerAP Invoice Manager, Cash Advances, Returned Checks, Remittance IssuesArlene Schaefer Email
216.838.0387J, K, P U, V, W, X, Y, ZBetty Kucinski Email
216.838.0386Benefits, Construction, Food, Jane Addams Kitchen, Law Dept.Endrit Bregasi Email
E, F, I, S, T, Facilities, Transportation, Trades, Aged PayablesMe'Gayle Noisette Email216.838.0388A, D, G, H, L, M, N, RSonora Cox Email216.838.4995 B, C, O, Q, UtilitiesBridget Seneff Email
216.838.0399Advance Ohio/Plain Dealer, Uniglobe
WHAT WE DO
Process all payment requests for vendors, 1099s, employee, mileage, and travel expense reimbursements.
Call the main phone (216-838-0380) for a Sales Tax Exempt Form