What is Parent University?
- Parent University is an opportunity for parents/ caregivers to sharpen skills as their children matriculate through CMSD.
- Parent University will provide parent/ caregivers with information about their vital responsibility in shaping their children's lives.
- Sessions will focus on child development, what children are learning in schools, advocacy, parent leadership and effective parenting skills.
To educate and empower parents as partners, advocates and lifelong learners, as well as teachers who can contribute to their child's academic success through attending educational courses and participating in leadership opportunities.
What will parents learn?
Parent University will consist of four learning strands so that parents can "Stand TALL" for student success:
- Parents as Teachers
- Parents as Advocates
- Parents as Learners
- Parents as Leaders
Parent University Events
- 8th Annual Mayor Frank G. Jackson's Youth Summit and CMSD Back to School Fair, August 2, 2014
- College Bus Tours (see photo gallery on registration page)
- Fall Saturday Session, 2014 Fall Date, November 15, 2014
- Spring Saturday Session, 2015 Spring Date , April 11, 2014