December 18th marked the last day of our first semester and our year is already half over! By all accounts, we’ve had a really great first semester and a great deal to be proud of!
- Student attendance is at 92.3% and we have reduced off-track attendance behavior by 12% this semester!
- Student enrollment has increased by 703 students; the first enrollment increase in decades!
- Parent engagement continues to grow and is up another 3.9% this semester!
- On last year’s TDES evaluation, 81% of the District’s teachers earned the rating of Skilled or Accomplished and 71% Met or Exceeded the state’s student growth measure expectations!
- Issue 4 is on track and 9 new schools are slated for construction starting this summer!
- 3% more (56%) CMSD graduates entered college within the first year out of high school than in the prior year!
- College persistence from year one to year two increased 5% in 4-year schools (to 82%) and 15% in 2-year schools (to 64%)!
- Citywide enrollment in high quality pre-school increased by 10% and 80% of students enrolled in high quality pre-school are on track for kindergarten readiness!
- 9 CMSD pre-school classrooms have earned the rigorous 5-Star Step Up To Quality Rating; the highest possible rating!
- And, our NAEP scores show Cleveland as one of the fastest growing districts in reading and math in the nation!
All of these results are because of the hard work of every single Educator – every parent, every teacher, counselor and nurse, every para-professional, every related service provider, every school administrator, every custodian, assistant custodian, and laborer, every cleaner, food service worker and secretary, every bus driver, mechanic and depot employee, every security officer, every truck driver, every tradesman, every warehouse worker, every support person (communications, talent, technology, operations, finance, academic, portfolio), every district supervisor – EVERY SINGLE EDUCATOR!
Eric S. Gordon, CEO