Partnerships with Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, and University Hospitals
The Cleveland School of Science and Medicine has an extended school year. This extended time is used to create specialized opportunities with our partner institutions, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, and University Hospitals. Students earn 1/4 credit each year, over four years, to complete the Health-Senior Project. Each grade level has a focus of study as follows:
- Grade 9 - Medical Careers Exploration
- Grade 10 - Sophomore Service in Public Health
- Grade 11/12 - Research, Medicine, Engineering, or Business of Health Care Internship
Students must successfully complete each component and the required academic work associated with each year's program, including documented activity logs.
Honors and Accolades
- CSSM has received a rating of Excellent by the Ohio Department of Education for the fifth year in a row. This is the highest rating possible in the state of Ohio.
- CSSM was named a School of Promise in Ohio (Top 131 of 35,000 Ohio Schools).
- CSSM Scholars have been accepted into nationally acclaimed summer programs including Massachusetts Institute of Technology's MITES program and Philips Academy's Math and Science for Minority Students program, all with complete scholarships.