Visitors and Walk-ins:
- Acknowledge each guest immediately.
- If you are with another guest, make eye contact and tell them, “I will be with you momentarily,” “Let me finish this call and I will be right with you”. etc.
- Greet each guest with a smile.
- Use a positive and professional greeting.
- Treat all guests with respect and dignity.
- Avoid addressing them with condescending terms (i.e., “Sweetie,” “Hon", etc.)
- Always remain courteous during customer interactions.
- Listen carefully to the guest’s inquiry.
- Refer all Non-English Speaking guests and callers that you are unable to assist to the Multilingual/Multicultural Center at 216.404.5159 for support.
- Tell our guests if you do not know the answer and refer them to someone who does.
- Make every effort to get the information or to provide assistance yourself and avoid referring the guest to someone else.
- Give guests specific directions when providing contact information for persons or locations and write the information down for them, if needed.
- Thank all guests for coming in and invite them back.
- Maintain Confidentiality and Privacy at all times, which means you will need to be mindful of the level of your voice when answering their questions.
Proper salutation: Good Morning (or afternoon), How can I help you?
Proper closing: Is there anything else I can assist you with?