Volunteers have a positive impact on
children, schools and our city...
Last year, hundreds of volunteers helped to improve school buildings inside and out, chaperoned field trips, mentored, tutored and motivated our scholars to believe in themselves and achieve academically. Your time and support can change lives.
To become a CMSD volunteer:Contact your school principal for available opportunities.
- Complete the Online Registration
- Complete the hard copy volunteer registration packet in English or Spanish if you do not have an email address.
- If you are the main contact of a group wanting to volunteer at a school, download the Group Volunteer Registration and a Volunteer Release form (adult) for each member. If volunteers are under 18 years of age they must fill out the Minor Volunteer Release form.
- If you are an individual volunteer, please attend a Volunteer Orientation and receive a volunteer picture ID.
- Volunteers belonging to a "group" must be identified as a member. If a group does not provide a visible ID, the members need to request an ID badge at the school or contact a Volunteer Manager for assistance.
Volunteers make a difference by:
- strengthening school programs
- helping to establish parent groups
- sponsoring special events
- serving on a school advisory committee
The Board of Education is committed to promoting community and family engagement to enhance our scholars’ education in a variety of in-school and extracurricular activities.
Volunteer Contact:Judith Lozada, Volunteer Manager
Office of Family and Community Engagement
Start making a difference in our schools today!