College Ready Academy
The College Ready Academy at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) is a partnership between Tri-C and the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) designed to increase the number of CMSD students who graduate from high school prepared for college-level coursework.
Many high school graduates start college by taking remedial math and English courses. Delayed entry into college-level courses costs students and their families time and money.
To participate, students must:
Students who do not attend CMSD schools are also welcome to participate
- Be a current 11th -12th grade Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) student
- Plan to begin their post-secondary education upon graduating from high school
The College Ready Academy program sessions are held on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cuyahoga Community College’s Metropolitan Campus.
In-school skills upgrading is also available at the following schools and programs:
All services provided by the college ready academy are free:
- East Technical High School
- James Ford Rhodes High School
- Lincoln West High School
- Martin Luther King Jr. High School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- Glenville High School
- Promise Academy (Gateway to College Program)
- English and math skills testing and upgrading
- COMPASS Testing
- COMPASS Test Preparation (A computer-based test used to evaluate incoming students’ skill levels and place students in appropriate level college courses)
- One on one advising
- Cultural programming
- Public Transportation (RTA bus tickets)
How to reach us
For more information about how CMSD students can participate in the College Ready Academy, please contact us:
Cuyahoga Community College
2900 Community College Ave.
Liberal Arts Building, Room 301
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
All services provided by Tri-C’s College Ready Academy are free.
The College Ready Academy is aligned with the goals of the Higher Education Compact of Greater Cleveland. Funding for this program is provided by Great Lakes Community Investment.