Urban League of Greater Cleveland offers a FREE after school program to assist with OGT, SAT, ACT InstructionOSTOhio State Tests (OST)Follow the below link to the student practice site; Secure Browser tutorials for students; subject rubrics; and practice test scoring guides with sample responses with scoring rationale.Free OST Practice Tests click hereOGT
Free OGT PRACTICE Tests click hereOhio Means Jobs Testing Resources for ACT, SAT, PSAT, ASVAB, COMPASS & MORE!Click HERE to start practicing!~Operation URBAN IMPACT4PM-6PM
Monday-Math, Tuesday-Science, Wednesday-Reading/Writing, Thursday-Social Studies
Monday thru Thursday
Location: 2930 Prospect Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Contact 216 622-0999 X222 or visit http://www.ulcleveland.org/ to let them know you plan to attend!
Whether the test is needed to graduate from high school or gain access to college, high-stakes testing is a challenge that requires students to perform well under pressure and through the limited context of multiple choice questions and written response. To support our students in this area, we hold test preparation sessions throughout the year, beginning approximately two months before the test date. As a result, when the student sits for the exam, he/she is confident, prepared, and successful.
As with all our tutoring efforts, our partnership with the Cleveland Municipal School District, access to our students' grades and test performance data in school helps us to quickly identify and support student needs and better ensure their academic success.
For more information, or to register, contact Royal Antongiorgi, Program Coordinator.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________DO YOU NEED HELP PREPARING FOR THE ACT/SAT or want information about Financial Aid?
ACT&SATimpACT the 216 is a program administered by College Now Greater Cleveland in partnership with the Cleveland Public Library, made possible with funds granted by the Ohio Department of Education through the 21st Century Community Learning Centers. The program is designed to enhance math & reading proficiency, improve students’ ACT scores and increase students’ college and career readiness.
- Students can apply to participate in one of our 3 eight-week after-school sessions: Fall (September & November), Winter (January & February), or Spring (April & May)
- Program is hosted at four Cleveland Public Library sites and two community sites:
Eastman Library (11602 Lorain Avenue Cleveland, OH 44111)
Harvard-Lee Library (16918 Harvard Avenue Cleveland, OH 44128)
Martin Luther King Jr. Library (1962 Stokes Boulevard Cleveland, OH 44106)
South Brooklyn Library (4303 Pearl Road Cleveland, OH 44109)
Esperanza, Inc. (3104 W 25th St, Cleveland, OH 44109)
Warrensville Heights High School (4270 Northfield Rd, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128)
- Group meets from 3:30 – 5:45, Monday – Thursday and Friday as needed
- Up to 25 students are accepted per site for each session
- Professional advisors will deliver College Now’s ACT Preparation Course
Additional perks include:
- College visits (in-state and out-of-state)
- $100 stipend for each student at the end of each 8-week session
- Possible internship opportunities for students who successfully complete the program
- Parent/family opportunities to meet the staff and view students’ projects
See Racara Sawyer, College Now Rep in Rm. 103 or Click here to enroll in impACT the 216!
Questions? Call us at 216.241.5587 or email impACTthe216@collegenowgc.org.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Public Tutoring Initiative
- This program offers FREE access to ACT test preparation tutoring to all CMSD and affiliated high schools through a partnership with Notre Dame College.
- The online tutoring is designed to increase scores by 3 points, which could make a big difference in terms of college acceptance and financial aid.
- Please see the link to their website at https://publictutoring.org to get started.