Process and Procedures for the Student Uniform Referrals
The School Uniform Referral program has improved the distribution procedures to families in need of this assistance. To better serve our community of schools we have created a referral and distribution procedure that better meets the needs of our families, keeping in mind that our school personnel is better suited to initiate the referral for the families in their schools.
We kindly ask that school personnel keep in mind that our non-profit partner Shoes and Clothes for Kids have a limited number of uniforms and these are available for those families that have demonstrated true need. The primary area of priority will be to provide for our students in grades Pre-K through 8, however if we have uniform sizes in stock we will provide 2 sets of uniforms for students in High School. Please be reminded that this is a one-time gift per school year.
- Referrals are made only by CMSD staff, not parents, guardians or community partners; with the exception of Community Wraparound Site Coordinators.
- Go to CMSD website (ClevelandMetroSchools.org).
- Click on the Staff tab located at the top portion of the District website.
- Under Quick Links go to Uniform Assistance Referral tab on the right hand side of the page and click.
- Complete form. Please refer to the sizing chart when completing this form.
- Click on “Done” when finished. Reminder: be sure and complete the entire referral form, so that we can assure accurate packing of uniforms.
- Please be aware that uniform supplies are limited by funding constraints and some referrals may or not be able to be delivered and depends on uniform availability of our non-profit partner. If possible, we will try and locate gently used uniforms for the student.
- Once referral has been done by 12 noon on Tuesday, distribution will be set-up for the following week.
- The FACE office will confirm delivery plans to each of the schools who are expecting an order.
- Delivery will be done by Guaranteed Delivery Service who also does our “inter-office mail” delivery unless there is an unusual amount of uniforms requested. If this is the case, we will assign a different form of delivery through our internal delivery system. The signature they collect will suffice as proof-of-delivery and be made available to SC4K, as needed.
- In order to deliver the bag of clothing to the student, the requesting principal or staff must meet with the student’s parent/guardian to discuss the need for school attendance, signing of the Attendance Pledge and filling out of the short survey. This documentation is critical for funding purposes of this program.
- The Principal or school staff will be responsible for the mailing through inter-office mail of the Attendance Pledge and survey back to Woodland Data Center attention: SC4K; in envelope provided with each clothing shipment.
If you have further questions please contact:
Shoes and Clothes for Kids: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Family and Community Engagement Office:
FACE Mgr. Volunteers and Special Projects