English Language ArtsAs we prepare our scholars' to be 21st century learners, literacy continues to be a primary focus for increasing our scholars' levels of proficiency and ensuring their future success.The five essential components of literacy that every scholar needs to master are:
One of our school wide goals is to increase our scholars' growth in reading. We are accomplishing that goal through our Academic Achievement Plan which includes the following initiatives:
- Phonemic Awareness
The following pages will provide information on our curriculum as well as resources for scholars in the area of literacy.
- A Reading Specialist to support and provide services to scholars' identified in grades K-3 as off track
- Small group reading instruction using leveled readers for differentiation
- Literacy based learning centers during ELA blocks
- Online literacy resources for scholars to engage with including Reading Eggs, I-Ready, and Fuel Ed
- Data driven instruction based on scholars' abilities and needs
Benjamin Franklin...where each student lays a foundation for learning, citizenship, and career!