Academies of Cleveland Student Ambassadors
Purpose and Definition of the Ambassador Program:The Ambassadors serve the school by raising awareness of the various career academies among businesses, other outside organizations, parents, and prospective academy students.
The Academy Ambassador is a student representative for The Academies of Cleveland (Garrett Morgan, Jane Addams, Martin Luther King Jr. Campus, Max Hayes, and Washington Park). Each career academy will have 6-8 ambassadors – sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Sophomores and juniors will serve for two years if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
The duties of the Academy Ambassador include:
- Attend Ambassador Training
- Conduct Visitor Tours of Academies
- Attend District Events as Requested
- Serve as Host for Open House Events
- Serve in Other Leadership Capacities as Requested
Eligibility for the Program: To be eligible to serve as an Ambassador, a student must:
Have a passing grade of C or greater in all classes from the previous grading period
If you are interested in becoming a Student Ambassador at your Academies of Cleveland School and meet the criteria listed above, please contact your Transformation Coordinator for additional information.
- Be a rising 10th-12th grader (current 9th-11th graders)
- Have good communication skills (and a willingness to learn and improve)
- Have good interpersonal skills (and a willingness to learn and improve)
- Have a completed and signed application
- Be committed to attending after hour events as requested