The 2016-2017 school year is here! We have been anxiously anticipating the return of our scholars and are prepared to help them grow as 21st century learners. I’d like to take this opportunity to share our goals for this year as it relates to how we can best guide our scholars in preparation and determination for success in education and in life. One of our goals is to encourage collaboration among teaching teams to implement research based best practices in our classrooms. We understand that our scholars will be faced with multiple standardized tests this school year therefore we will work diligently to prepare them to meet the challenge. Secondly, we want to motivate our scholars and reward their efforts toward consistent attendance. Half of the battle is just showing up. We want to ensure that when our scholars do show up, that we create a positive and academically rigorous atmosphere in which they believe that they have a reason here. Finally, in efforts to help boost and maintain our scholar’s academic confidence, we want to acknowledge small milestones as they move toward bigger successes. We will celebrate everything from attendance to assessments individually and collectively.
To provide information on some of the changes that have occurred for the upcoming school year let me share a few brief points of clarity:
• Lincoln West operates as one building with three distinct schools:
- Lincoln West High School- Grades 10-12- First floor
- Lincoln West School of Science and Medicine- Grades 9-10 Second Floor
- Lincoln West School of Global Studies – Grade 9-Third floor
• Scholars enrolled in Lincoln West High School will return to school on Monday August 15, 2016.
Breakfast is served from 8:00am-8:25am daily. The school day begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:00pm
• Each Lincoln West school has a distinct uniform. Uniforms for Lincoln West High School scholars, per the district standards, is limited to dark blue or white polo style or button down collared shirts only, and black or khaki colored bottoms
• Families and scholars are invited to attend our Back to School Celebration on Friday August 12, 2016 from 3pm-5pm
We look forward to partnering with our families as we work to nurture our scholars in the preparation and determination needed for a year of academic success!