Promoting Alternative Thinking StrategiesThe PATHS curriculum is a well-researched classroom curriculum model designed to
facilitate the social and emotional development of children from Pre-k through grade 5.
PATHS is designed to integrate seamlessly with literacy activities.
- PATHS provides skill-building for both students and teachers.
- PATHS promotes generalization which will create opportunities to use these skills throughout the day.
- PATHS provides students feedback and recognition for performance.
- PATHS provides sufficient technical support to teachers.
- PATHS can be easily integrated into other academic subjects.
- PATHS has a strong parent component to get families involved.
The PATHS curriculum helps children develop four types of skills:
- Friendship – making friends, keeping friends, good manners
- Emotional – talking about feelings, understanding and respecting others’
- Self-control – being able to calm down, being respectful to parents and teachers
- Problem-solving – recognizing problems and solving them, making good decisions
* For Faculty resources see PATHS