2020 Teacher Appreciation Week
CEO's Teacher Appreciation Week message to staff
Good morning CMSD Educators!
As we enter the eighth week of our extended school closure, I am filled with gratitude for the tenacity and resilience of our educators across the District whose dedication to keeping our scholars nourished, connected and engaged in learning is literally gaining national attention!
Little compares to the impact that teachers can have in shaping the lives of others. That opportunity to inspire, challenge and support young people is part of why I became a teacher.
Teacher Appreciation Week is an opportunity for us to express our gratitude for the profound impact teachers have had on our lives. It is also a time for us to celebrate CMSD's many outstanding teachers. I extend my deepest appreciation to all of our teachers for going above and beyond, inside and outside of the classroom, every day. Whether you are crafting a stellar lesson plan, coaching a team, providing a snack to a hungry child, working to deepen relationships with parents or celebrating the success of our scholars --- your contributions are valued and appreciated.
Today, I am proud to kick off Teacher Appreciation Week with an announcement of our district-wide plan to show our appreciation for wonderful work you do for our student scholars, their families and caregivers, and your fellow educators with:
- Monday: E-Greeting, Pictorial Tribute shared on the CMSD Website and Social Media
- Tuesday: Virtual Care Package with online resources for self-care, remote leisure activities, remote exploration of Cleveland, links to music and online activities.
- Wednesday: Forever Thankful - Messages of Thanks from across CMSD
- Thursday: Educator Appreciation E-Gift (for ALL CMSD educators, regardless of your role)
- Friday: Musical Tribute from All-City Arts Students
- All Week: Tributes on the CMSD website and social media (see below)
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Eric S. Gordon
EDUCATOR: Chief Executive Officer