I hope this message finds you in good spirits. My name is Ms. Williams, and I will be coaching the Campus International High School Girls Volleyball Team for the 2018-2019 school year. I am looking forward to a fun-filled season where you’ll improve your volleyball skills, as well as learn the values of teamwork, sportsmanship and fair play. My goal is to create a positive, supportive environment so that every player, regardless of ability, has a great experience.
Since some of you are new to this, I have a lot of information I’d like to cover. This letter is lengthy, but please read it through.
Punctuality and Attendance:
Our practices will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 – 4:00 PM. Our first practice is Monday June 25, 2018 at the high school. Be at each practice 10-15 minutes prior to start time.
Practice Dates (subject to change):
1. June 25th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
2. June 27th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
3. June 28th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
4. July 16th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
5. July 18th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
6. July 23rd, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
7. July 25th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
8. July 26th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
9. July 30th, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
10. August 1st, 2018 (CIHS Gymnasium)
Equipment and Apparel:
Be prepared to sweat! All players should come dressed or bring a change of clothes for practice. Acceptable attire includes but is not limited to: round/ crew neck t-shirts, athletic shorts, yoga pants, sweat pants, and tennis shoes. JEANS AND SANDALS ARE NOT PERMITTED. You’re encouraged to bring a water bottle, inhalers, and other personal need items.
What we’ll work on:
· Passing (Forearm Underhand) (Overhand, Overhead or Setting)
· Attack (Hitting) Options
· Defensive Skills – Rolling; Sliding
The emphasis is not on winning, but on player development and having fun. My primary goal this season is the make sure every player wants to come back and play again next year. I plan to treat all players fairly and reward positive attitude, hustle and improvement over natural ability.
BRING A WATER BOTTLE!
- No food is allowed in the gymnasium!
- You’re encouraged to bring inhalers and other personal need items.
- Check emails regularly; practices are subject to change.
- Be prompt and on time!
- I am expecting to have a great season and know I will enjoy getting to know each of you.
My contact information is as follows:
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. Otherwise I look forward to meeting you all at our conditioning!
Looking forward to a great season,