Degrees and Certifications:
Stacey Smith teaching career has been geared toward the empowerment of children. She has a strong passion to educate young minds and help them blossom into well-rounded, responsible, kind, and successful individuals. With over 20 years of teaching experience, and the passion to provide all students with an excellent and quality education, she fosters a firm but fair classroom management style focused on accountability for herself and students. Mrs. Smith believes that all students can achieve success in their educational endeavors and strives to meet each scholar's needs. Mrs. Smith possesses strong leadership skills while building a strong rapport with students, families, and other staff within the building. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education & Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Mrs. Smith's hobbies include gardening, reading, and traveling. Mrs. Smith is married to Will Smith and has a set of twins-Will & Savannah.
Special Recognition & Awards:
- Cleveland Cavaliers Head of the Class Teacher Award Recipient (2017)
- Excellence in Teaching Award Recipient (2018)
- Presenter at the National Family Engagement Conference (2018)
- Featured in Catalyst Magazine (January 2009) showcasing differentiated instruction, team teaching, and hands-on learning.
- Poetry Coach for America Scores—After School Club
- PEAC Teacher—Promoting Educational Advancement in Cleveland Committee-Member
- Accelerated Reader Champion