The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program that helps many low-income households pay for broadband service and internet-connected devices. All CMSD families are eligible to participate.
Here’s how the program works:
- The benefit provides a $30/month discount toward high-speed connectivity
- You will need to apply online through the federal government website/self-service portal for the program
- Once the application is approved, you will see a credit on your high-speed internet bill of $30 toward your total bill.
- CMSD is also partnering with the Ohio Connectivity Champions to help provide technical support and answer your questions.
How to reach the Connectivity Champions:
- 844.K12.OHIO - (844.512.6446)
- 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Friday
How to apply for the benefit
- Go to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application. Download a CMSD Community Eligible Provisioned School Letter.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
- Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
- Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.