The Master Teacher Committee is ready to support you in your process of becoming a master teacher. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Christine Sims or the Master Teacher Mailbox. This year we will have one spring electronic portfolio submission. Please consider earning the designation. All teachers that apply will receive one CEU for participating in the process. Successful candidates will be eligible to upgrade their professional teaching license to a senior professional license and earn a one-time stipend.
Information and Recruitment
If you are interested in learning about the Master Teacher Process, there will be an information session on Zoom offered on December 6, 2022, or December 7, 2022, after school. Representatives from the committee will be available to answer your questions and explain the process.
- The first session is on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, from 4:45 p.m. to 6:0 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- The session will be repeated on Wednesday, December 7, 2022, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
If you would like to take part in professional dialogue to assist you in creating your portfolio, support sessions are available. This year support sessions will be offered to dissect the rubrics, discuss types of evidence and the process for submitting evidence, and to answer any questions you have about the process. All sessions will be offered twice to accommodate early and late start schools. Dates for the sessions are:
- January 24, 2023, at 4:45 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- January 25, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- February 21, 2023, at 4:45 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- February 22, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- March 14, 2023, at 4:45 p.m. Please access the meeting here.
- March 15, 2023, at 3:30 p.m. Please access the meeting here. **Please note this session will be in person at East PD Center in room 224 and virtual.
Attending any or all sessions is voluntary and drop-in. You may turn in a portfolio without having attended any of the sessions.
Final Submission of Binders:
The final submission of Master Teacher Portfolios and Renewal Portfolios is Monday, April 10, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. Portfolios must be submitted electronically using the following link:MT Initial Submission:MT Renewal Submission:
DEFINITION OF A MASTER TEACHER
A master teacher demonstrates excellence inside and outside of the classroom through consistent leadership and focused collaboration to maximize student learning. A master teacher strives for distinguished teaching and continued professional growth as specified by The Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession.