Current 8th grade students are eligible!
Cuyahoga SWCD is offering four student scholarships to Camp Canopy! Download the scholarship application here. Scholarships cover the cost of camp, including meals and programs ($375 value). Applications are due to the Cuyahoga SWCD Office by 4:00pm on April 5th!
Camp dates: June 9-14, 2019
Cuyahoga SWCD provides annual scholarships to Camp Canopy. Scholarships are awarded to Cuyahoga County high school students (finished with 8th grade by June) who are sincerely interested in conservation issues and enjoy a good walk in the woods.
Camp concentrates on forest ecology including silviculture, tree identification, and forestry products. It is primarily an academic program, but there are excellent facilities for swimming, softball, and other recreational activities. Students must attend a school in Cuyahoga County, be 15 years of age by June and have completed 8th grade. It is a week-long resident camp in June at Camp Muskingum in Carroll County. The camp is about a 1.5 hour drive from Cleveland, east of Tuscarawas County.
For additional information please use this link https://www.cuyahogaswcd.org/programs/camp-canopy
Howard P. Myers Apprenticeship ProgramThe Howard P. Myers apprenticeship through Myers Precision Grinding Company, Inc. is designed to train the next generation of skilled machinist in the grinding or machining area that best fits their skills.
The program is a combination of:
- Full time employment: work in assigned roles based on the skills, knowledge and attitude presented by each candidate
- Starting Hourly Wage 20 to 40 percent above the 2015 Ohio minimum wage of $8.10/hour
- On-the-job training (OJT), in-house training and coaching
- Skill based on-line courses paid by the company (Outside working hours)
- Skills based classroom instruction and courses paid by the company – Community Colleges
- A broad range of grinding and machining operations
- Use other training resources as business needs dictate and candidates performance warrants
Woods Hole Science Aquarium High School Summer Intern Program
The program began in 2002 and has evolved to include two components: (1) a two-week Careers in Science Seminar and (2) an animal husbandry internship that may last anywhere from one-to-five weeks.See their site for more information.
News and Information