Leaving the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
When you decide to leave the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), there are a number of steps to take to ensure a smooth transition for both you and Cleveland's students and schools.
Formal Notification of ResignationPlease submit your resignation in Workday by following these steps:
- In Workday, navigate to your profile page (click on your name in the top right corner, and then pick the first option, which will have your name again with “view profile” written underneath).
- On your profile page, select “Actions” underneath your name and title at the top.
- From the window that pops up, hover over “Job Change” and select “Resign.”
- Enter all required information and attach your resignation letter, and hit submit. The information that we collect on the following pages is confidential and helps the district gather valuable information about how we can best support our employees.
While not required, you are strongly encouraged to notify your principal, manager or supervisor of your resignation or retirement as soon as possible.
Please remember that notifying the district well in advance of your departure is always preferred in order to provide the best service to our students, families and schools.
Remember to change your address in Workday if you move, so we can send your tax documents and benefits information to the appropriate location.
Thinking About Retirement...
Deciding to retire can be a big decision that requires a lot of steps. We are here to help! The information below can be used to help guide your way through the process of retiring from the District, as well as provide information in regards to your specific retirement system. For more in depth information, please contact your retirement system directly.
- School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS)- 1-866-280-7377 or www.ohsers.org
- State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)- 1-888-227-7877 or www.strsoh.org