Get ready for another amazing summer
The CMSD Summer Learning Experience is back for another year with something for rising kindergarten through 12th grade scholars. The program will be held at more than 25 school sites throughout the city.
Meals will be provided. K-8 students will receive yellow bus transportation to and from the nearest K-8 school. High school students will receive tickets to ride RTA.
To participate in the Summer Learning Experience, students must attend a CMSD school or be pre-registered to enroll.
Last year’s Summer Learning Experience proved to be very popular, with more than 6,800 students signed up. Registration for this year's program starts April 3. This page will be updated as courses and camps are added.
FINISH, ENRICH AND ENGAGE (Rising K-8)
Students who attend in the morning can finish the school year strong and participate in enrichment projects. The Finish portion of the day for Rising Kindergarten and (current) Kindergaten students will consist of hands-on, fun play-based learning experiences for students who are entering kindergarten or moving to first grade. Students currently in grades 1-8 can choose enrichment projects in STEM, art or humanities. In the afternoon, students will engage in fun activities that involve community partners. They can sign up for a full or half day.
FINISH and ENGAGE (High school)
High school students can finish the school year strong by making up credits or earning credits for next year. In the afternoon, they can take advantage of employment or internship opportunities. They also can travel to the John Marshall Campus in the afternoon for CMSD-run camps in music, musical theater, cheer and pep squad and photography. A volleyball camp for female and male players and more will be available at East Professional Center.
Important DatesRegistration starts on April 3Rising K - 8 Summer Learning Experience June 20 - July 21 (8:30AM-3:30PM)High School Summer Learning Experience June 26 - July 21 (8:30AM-3:30PM)
Our Guiding Principles
- All students have equity of access and the opportunity to participate regardless of location in an exciting program that challenges them to be creators of knowledge, not just consumers of knowledge.
- Family and Student Voice and Choice.
- Personalized support to finish and accelerate learning aligned to a student’s academic needs focused on a few key standards per grade level in core subjects.
- Creative and risk-taking exploration of academic content with authentic demonstrations of learning.
- Enrichments and connections to the community and community partners.