The Cleveland School of Science and Medicine is an innovative high school within the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD). It was founded in 2006 in collaboration with nine partner institutions to offer a unique college-preparatory education for motivated, high-achieving students interested in entering science or health-related professions.
- Principal: Michelle Perez
- Grade Levels: 9-12
- Enrollment: 400
- School Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:18 p.m.
- Breakfast Served: 7:30 - 7:59 a.m.
- Network: Innovative Schools
- Focus: Science & Medicine
- Located: John Hay Campus, 2075 Stokes Blvd, Third Floor
All Northeast Ohio students receive an education that prepares them for a successful future.
CSSM prepares students for success in postsecondary education and careers in science, medicine, and related fields.
CSSM Our values reflect our desire to create the best possible outcomes for our students. We deliver our mission by offering students:
- An intellectually demanding school culture.
- Innovative teaching methods delivered by high engaged, quality faculty.
- Direct exposure to Northeast Ohio's world-class medical infrastructure.
- Experiences and mentoring with staff and professionals from Northeast Ohio's Science and Medicine-based institutions and corporations.
- Experiential learning that connects students to a broad array of future careers.
- Pathways to post-secondary opportunities in Science and Medicine.
- An inclusive, respectful and supportive environment in which students learn how to become responsible contributors to their community.
Nine institutions came together to launch the Cleveland School of Science and Medicine: