SPO (School Parent Organization)
The primary role for parents and guardians in our SPO is to support the academic achievement of all scholars. The SPO encourages and supports parent engagement in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Helping to plan workshops and programs that are aligned with the needs of the community
- Participating/Attending programs and workshops aligned with the needs of the community
- Helping plan school improvement goals
- Serving on the Academic Achievement Plan Team
- Assisting with the development of the School Parent Involvement policy
- Volunteering at Marion-Sterling
- Developing effective two-way school-parent communication
- Planning fundraising activities to support student events
- Collaboration with the community
A parent or custodial caregiver is a member of our SPO by virtue of having a scholar enrolled at Marion-Sterling
SPO officers are required to be parents or legal guardians of scholars. There are no fees or dues to be an active member.
Please consider becoming an active member of the SPO.
Our goal is to unify students, families, teachers, staff, and the community in a meaningful experience as we strive to build young leaders at Marion-Sterling Community Wrap-Around School