You are your child's first teacher! There are many ways they you can enhance your child's learning and development in school and at home.
If you are finding it difficult to support your child's education please reach out to their teacher or school administrator immediately! We all want your child to be successful and the best way we can do that is TOGETHER!We have tons of volunteer opportunities for parents and family members both during and after school. Call your Site Coordinator for more informationSometimes our families go through ups and downs and the instability has a huge impact on a child's education. If your family could use additional support with areas such as financial literacy, housing, mental health, adult education, employment, and clothing the Community Wraparound Site Coordinator is available to connect you with resources.CMSD Family and Community engagement policy can be found at https://www.clevelandmetroschools.org/Page/13089Every year we develop a School Parent Compact with our parents. The School Parent Compact for 2019-2020 is the agreement we have all made here at Carver!Please visit the CMSD Website for more information and resources for parents and caregivers.
- Set a regular bed time and mourning routine
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before
- Don't let your child/children stay home unless they are really sick
- Have a backup plan for getting your child/children to school in case of emergencies
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session