Updated for the 2022-23 School Year...
On August 11, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control released new guidance for schools. The new guidance replaces the previous guidance related to the use of thermometers, PPE, social distancing, etc. Under the new guidance, individuals (students, employees, and guests) are encouraged to make their own decisions about the use of masks and other PPE. Social distancing, mask requirements, mandatory testing, and other former guidance are no longer in place.
As we begin the 2022-23 school year, the following protocols will remain in place:
- Every student, employee and guest is recommended to wear a mask while inside a CMSD facility or while on a CMSD bus.
- PPE should be provided to any staff member upon his/her request.
- All buildings and school buses should continue to be sanitized using the electrostatic sanitizing mist.
- All employees are encouraged to participate in the free, voluntary PCR testing when it begins again this year.
- Rapid tests are available with each school’s health professional in the event a student or employee is demonstrating symptoms.
- Employees who test positive are to report their positive test to the COVID-19 hotline at 216-838-WELL.
We will discontinue:
- The temperature checks at building entry points; touchless thermometers will be moved to the nurse’s office/care clinic.
- Social distancing practices; all social distancing signs, directional arrows, etc. will be removed. Hand washing signs will remain posted.