Office of Contract Implementation
The goal of the Office of Contract Implementation (OCI) is to assist in making the educational experience better for all CMSD scholars by improving relationships and work conditions for the adults who lead, teach, and collaborate on behalf of our schools. We represent the District in the shared commitment to a collaborative working relationship with members of the Cleveland Teachers Union (CTU) and Cleveland Council of Administrators and Supervisors (CCAS) through each Executive Board Team.
Over the last 15 months, the Office of Contract Implementation (OCI) has diligently strived to:
- Staff our department with highly qualified employees.
- Establish standard operations and procedures anchored to our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) with CTU and Board adopted policies.
- Collaborate with hundreds of CMSD employees to resolve matters specific to their lives, classrooms, schools, and departments.
- Listen to feedback and suggestions from leaders to strategize on how best to support their individual needs.
- Lead management-level professional development at the Principals Leadership Institute (PLI) in collaboration with the Talent, Legal, and Academic Offices.
Most recently, OCI created a dashboard to track general metrics regarding grievances, special transfers, student discipline, professional conduct, and from time to time overpayments or underpayments. Our dashboard data will inform decisions to standardize the implementation of our CTU bargaining agreement and to design management-level professional development opportunities across the district. Therefore, OCI will publish a bi-weekly newsletter listing OCI's Top Weekly Contract Tips as guidance for Chiefs, Network Support Leaders (NSL), Executive Directors, and Managers to use when coaching and advising staff who direct, supervise, evaluate, or hire CTU employees.
Each bi-weekly edition will contain Network specific supports for:
- Article 18.1 Professional Conduct and Procedural Protection
- Article 15.10 & 15.11 Student Discipline and Misconduct
- Article 12.3 Special Transfers
- Article 6 Grievances
- Calendar of Events including OCI's "Pop-In" office hours and Professional Development timelines
Office of Contract Implementation1111 Superior Avenue EastCleveland OH 44114216-838-0341 (Mainline)216-838-0343 Audrey Staton-Thompson, Executive Director216-838-0341 Precious James, Executive Assistant216-838-0346 Joe Jenkins, Director of HearingsTenille Kaus, Esq., DirectorBernie Britt, ManagerSondra Deida, Manager