What is True2U?
True2U is a volunteer mentoring program that helps Cleveland Metropolitan School District eighth graders explore their true selves and prepare to make the most of high school as the first step on the path to college and career readiness.
How does it work?
Volunteer mentors meet with groups of 8th grade students (from all 62, K-8 buildings) once a month, during the school day, for about an hour. Using interactive discussion-based activities, mentors and students work together to help students:
- Find their strengths
- Explore their interests and career pathways.
- Check out their high school options from 30+ in the CMSD portfolio.
- Reflect on and embrace their core values.
- Build a personal brand based on their values and
- Accept and celebrate who they are. . .
Download the True2U Flier to see the Year 6 in Review.
2020-2021 Who I Am Poetry Contest Winners
The Who I Am Poetry Contest is a great opportunity for students to get creative and show us who they really are. This year we are excited to announce the following winners:
Third Place Winners
For the 2020-2021 Virtual True2U Program Year:
- All Virtual School Sessions are 50 minutes.
- Session start and end times are determined by each school.
- There will be True2U Weeks vs. Days. Virtual sessions will take place on each school’s selected day during these weeks.
- School/class selected session day with time will remain consistent for each month’s True2U week.