What is True2U?
True2U is a volunteer mentoring program that helps Cleveland Metropolitan School District eighth graders explore their true selves and prepare to make the most of high school as the first step on the path to college and career readiness.
How does it work?
Volunteer mentors meet with groups of 8th grade students (from all 62, K-8 buildings) once a month, during the school day, for about an hour. Using interactive discussion-based activities, mentors and students work together to help students:
- Find their strengths
- Explore their interests and career pathways.
- Check out their high school options from 30+ in the CMSD portfolio.
- Reflect on and embrace their core values.
- Build a personal brand based on their values and
- Accept and celebrate who they are. . .
True2U 2020-2021 Program Activity CalendarActivityDate/True2U WeekTimeLocationProgram KickoffFriday, December 41:00pm-2:15pmLive EventTrue2U Mentor/ Teacher ConferencesWednesday, December 9TBD by School(1hr max)VirtualSchool Choice & Say Yes RallyWednesday, December 161:00-1:50pmVirtualTrue2U Program Sessions*-- Session 1: Me & My DecisionsJanuary 11- 158:30am – 3:00pmVirtual-- Session 2: CareersJanuary 25-298:30am – 3:00pmVirtual-- Session 3: My StrengthsFebruary 8-128:30am – 3:00pmVirtual-- Session 4: Who I Want to BeMarch 15-198:30am – 3:00pmVirtual-- Session 5: Visions & ReflectionsApril 12-168:30am – 3:00pmVirtualOut of School ExperienceMarch 1-May 21TBD by schoolsVarious NE Ohio Organizationsand Colleges Virtual ActivityCulminating EventThursday, May 61:00pm-2:30pmLive Event
For the 2020-2021 Virtual True2U Program Year:
- All Virtual School Sessions are 50 minutes.
- Session start and end times are determined by each school.
- There will be True2U Weeks vs. Days. Virtual sessions will take place on each school’s selected day during these weeks.
- School/class selected session day with time will remain consistent for each month’s True2U week.