PreK-12 Summer Fun Enrichment Activities
These enrichment activities are designed to provide your child with fun opportunities to stay engaged throughout the summer. Packets will be mailed home two times per month and available here for download.
CW43 WUAB will partner with CMSD and the Cleveland Teachers Union to present televised lessons for students whose schools have been closed due to the Coronavirus.
Monday: Kindergarten-Grade 2
Tuesday: Grades 3-5
Wednesday: Grades 6-8
Thursday: High School
Friday: Life Skills, all grades
Watch CMSD on WUAB Channel 43 each weekday from 9am to 10 am.
You can also find past episodes here.
Online District Resources
- CMSD Frequent Contacts List
- Project ACT Important Phone Numbers
- Accelerated Reader Book Finder
- Renaissance Home Connect
- Renaissance Learning Place
- Online Learning Resources for English Learners
- District Assessment Tests
- IMPORTANT DISTRICT FORMS - (Credit Flexibilty Plan, 504, Parent/Grandparent, Student information, Assessment...)
- From the School Nurse
- Parent Notification Rights FERPA
- Watch Story Time From Willson School - Staff does sign language while reading books.
Boys and Girls Club of North East Ohio
Starting Monday, April 6, BGCNEO is launching Cyber Club, a daily digital menu of activities and programs that are aligned with the organization’s focal points: academic success, healthy lifestyles and character development. Best of all, the virtual programming will feature some of the same youth development professionals kids are used to seeing after school.
Kids and family members can check out the links at www.bgcneo.org/cyber-club/.
Ready4K—a service that texts parents three times a week with simple learning activities to integrate into their everyday routines. To enroll, simply text "CleRead" to 70138 and follow the prompts. You'll receive texts 3x a week with simple, age-appropriate tips to engage your kids.
Join, participate and share in Coach Sam's Virtual Playbook. Activities, helpful links and videos are posted every Wednesday.
- Ohio Department of Education resources page - main page containing lots of information and helpful tools for every grade level.
- Ohio Department of Health resources page - contains lots of resources for learning at home for parents and families.
- Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilites resources page
- Family Friendly Curriculum Guides (Pacing guides for reading and writing, mathematics, science, and social studies for grades pre-kindergarten - ten. Created by our families and presented in casual rather than formal English to make them more "family friendly."
- Ohio Department of Education Learning (Links to Web sites from across the country that provide resources, contacts, and educational and family learning tools and tips. Some sites also include information on parent organizations and educational learning sites.)
- Distance Learning Resources - Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Child Care Search -The Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services and the Ohio Department of Education remind parents to visit ChildCareSearch.Ohio.gov when searching for before- and after- school care for their children.
- ACE Mentor Program Student Career Resources
- Us Dept. of Education - Office of Postsecondary Education - Education Planning (Go-to source for information and resources about planning, preparing and paying for postsecondary education.)
- CollegeData.com (Choose, prepare, apply and for college with advice and tools. Get college admission help. Search for colleges & scholarships.)
- Ohio Board of Regents (Good information for your students as they prepare for life beyond high school.)
- Common Application (Provides an admission application – online and print – that students may submit to any of our 346 members.)
- Open Education Database (Offers college, career choice, financial aid and scholarship information.)
- Take a virtual workshop or training at the Beachwood Microsoft store. From starting your own business to creating a video game, you can learn a new skill today.
- The Washington Post's The ultimate parents’ guide to education and activity resources
Online Learning Tools
- www.Funbrain.com is a popular online destination for interactive, educational games for children of all ages. Search for a game by grade level (Pre-K – 12) title, or subject (math, science, history, reading). Funbrain’s games and tools teach everything from how to build Web pages in HTML to how to spell with Spellaroo.
- Khan Academy kids - Inspire a lifetime of learning and discovery with our free, fun educational program for children ages two to six. Download the mobile app.
- Khan Academy - From Algebra to World History, learn what you want, at your own pace–with 4,000 videos, 400 skills to practice–alongside millions of other learners.
- PBS Learning Media -
- America SCORES Cleveland online curriculum - America SCORES Cleveland will be posting two lessons a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- www.Starfall.com is used by teachers in the classroom and by parents at home to reinforce a student's love of reading by using friendly, colorful and active games.
- At www.Storylineonline.net, visitors can watch videos of famous actors Al Gore, Jason Alexander, Amber Rose Tamblyn, and Haylie Duff reading popular kids books.
- Help you child learn to read - Colorín Colorado, a bilingual site for families of English Language Learners.
- www.Plimoth.org – Visit the year 1627 in a self-guided tour at your own pace. So feel free to wander around the village. Do not be afraid to walk in on colonists as they eat, question them as they work, or join a lively conversation in the street.
- www.Americanrhetoric.com includes indexes, full MP3s and excerpts from many of America's most celebrated public speeches including the top 100 Speeches of the 20th Century by Rank.
ScienceLivestream from the Learning FarmTune in April 2, 2020 at 9am cancelled - planning for Thursday April 9, 2020 at 9am.
- www.Coolmath.com is an animated, fun Web site designed for ages 3-100, offering interactive math games, puzzles, an online calculator, and a coloring book. There are also suggestions for how to succeed in math and how to find a career in mathematics.
- Kids learning Web sites for the New York Philharmonic (www.nyphilkids.org) and the San Francisco Symphony (www.sfskids.org) are outstanding Web sites for learning about music, instruments, composition, symbols, rhythm and more. Both sites off er students opportunities to talk with people in the symphony and to experiment with creating their own music.
- Take virtual art classes from the Beck Center with #BeckatHome on YouTube
Physical Education / Health and Wellness
- Gopher – https://www.gophersport.com/blog/at-home-learning-resources/ - Working on creating Active @ Home activity cards this week. More to come on this soon!
- SPARK – https://blog.sparkpe.org/blog/sparkhome/ - Launched SPARKhome, which provides free K-12 lesson plans
- 3 weeks of materials for K-2, 3-6, MS, and HS physical education
- Available via SPARKecademy (free access with an account)
- Dynamic PE ASAP – https://www.gophersport.com/blog/dynamic-pe-asap-in-home-lesson-plans/
Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy
- Tools To Grow: Family friendly fine and gross motor activities to do at home.
- Learning/Handwriting/Keyboarding Without Tears: Developmentally appropriate handwriting and keyboarding distance learning resources.
- Go Noodle: Movement breaks and more!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation for kids.
- Tune in Everyday at 11am and 1 pm for the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo's Virtual Classroom. Watch their Facebook Live feed to learn about a new animal with each episode at 11am and experience the great outdoors ar 1pm.
- Take a Virtual Tour of many of the Worlds best museums. (Travel and Leisure)
- 20 Things to Do with Young Kids When You’re Stuck Inside
- 15 Easy Sensory Play Recipes for Kids - edible slime anyone?
- Take a Virtual Tour of Yellowstone National Park
- Fun activities to do at home with NASA STEM@Home - by grade level. 10 Ways Students Can Prepare to #BeAnAstronaut
- MetroHealth - Department of Arts in Health - resources to help engage and express yourself in the arts while at home. English | Español
- Story Time From Space - Listen (and see) to Astronauts read stories while they are in space!
- Watch Live Animal Cameras - Love the Bald Eagles! What is your favorite?