Creative Writing Admissions Requirements
A complete Creative Writing audition includes: submission of a literary portfolio, a performance of at least one piece from the portfolio, an interview and participation in a brief workshop that includes an on-demand writing prompt.
- All work must be written by the student and include the student’s name and the title of the piece.
- Copies of work are highly suggested as the portfolio will be collected and not returned.
- Typed portfolios must be 2-5 pages in length.
- Be prepared to recite/perform a piece of their original work.
- Additional work may be brought to the audition and may be requested by the adjudicators.
Portfolio Requirements (Writing samples):
- One poem written in a traditional literary form.
- One poem that best represents the writer’s individual authentic voice.
- One non-poem piece that can be in any other form, including but not limited to: fiction, drama, creative non-fiction, song lyrics, or rap lyrics.