If you are injured at work:
- Seek immediate medical attention if needed (see CMSD’s preferred provider list below).
- Report the incident to your Supervisor and/or Location Designee
As soon as possible, within 24 hours
- Complete the Injury and Investigation Report (below) and return it to CMSD’s Workers’ Compensation Department
- Contact CMSD’s Workers’ Compensation Department at:
1111 Superior Avenue - 18th Floor
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- call (216) 838-0326 or (216) 838-0327
- fax - (216) 777-5300 or (216) 777-5090
Within 72 hours or three business days
- You must elect whether or not you wish to participate in CMSD’s Salary/Wage Continuation and Transitional Work Program. Please review the Salary and Wage Election Form (below) for details. CMSD’s Workers’ Compensation Department will explain the program and answer any questions you may have when you contact the department after your work injury.
- The Salary/Wage Continuation and Transitional Work Program Election Form (below) must be returned to the CMSD’s Workers’ Compensation Department.
Please Note: To be placed into CMSD’s Salary/Wage Continuation and Transitional Work Program you must seek follow up treatment with a doctor on CMSD’s Preferred Vendor List (below).Leave of Absence Forms can be found on the Human Resources webpage.
Workers' Comp Pilot Program for the District
If you are an employee working at one of these schools/locations and are injured at work, please report your injury within 24 hours electronically on the Public School Works website (by clicking on the link).
Report electronically on the Public School Works website.
If you are injured at another District school/location, please complete the paperwork below, and follow the timeline above. Do not report your injury electronically.
Workers Compensation Injury Reporting Kit
Workers Comp Injury Reporting Kit started in 2016-2017 school year. Replaces old paper Workers’ Compensation Packet.
Please print out ALL the forms below.
Salary-Wage Continuation and Transitional Work Informational Packet
CMSD Injury and Investigation Report
CMSD Preferred Providers
- Updated January 27, 2023