- Ohio Master Teacher Faculty
- Gifted and Talented Education (Major Work)
- Grade 7 and 8 Honors classes
- Project Based & Problem Based Learning
- All classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboard technology and voice amplification
- Science lab
- Computer equipped Media Center
- Computer Science for all grades
- Inquiry Learning (SOLE)
Our Goals for 2018-2019:
- To increase our Attendance rate from 93% to 95%
To do this we need students in school on time each day. When students are going to be absent, parents need to call and send a note in stating why. Please attach doctor's notes when it is a medical reason. When you miss a day, you miss alot! We are kicking off our Attendance Awareness Month for September. Each day students will have opportunities to win prizes and to be included in a raffle for Cleveland Browns Tickets!! #Get2School, You Can Make it!
- To improve K-3 Literacy by implementing a Balanced Literacy Block
To do this we will implement a 90 minute Literacy Block which will include: daily guided reading groups, daily phonics lessons, daily writing lessons, integrate technology, and provide students time daily to read independently.
- To increase writing opportunities across the curriculum
To this we are modeling and supporting students with writing for understanding in Math, Social Studies, Science, and ELA. We are aligning our grading expectations and checklists to provide common language for students and families. We are also implementing Writer's Workshop in grades K-5 to support students through modeled writing lessons, independent writing time, student conferences for specific feedback about writing, and Author's Chair to share work and receive peer feedback.
- To build a collaborative school culture
To do this we as a staff are taking part in a book study, reading the book, Culturize, by Jimmy Casas to provide us with strategies to support disengaged students, increase motivation and to re energize our school body. We are also implementing Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). We are providing common language for expectations throughout our school (Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful, and Be Kind). We have created a discipline plan for within classrooms along with monthly incentives through our Citizenship Fridays and Monthly incentives through our Student of the Month program.