OUR TEACHERS WILL BE:
• Confident, self-advocates who take ownership of learning and have a vision for their future.
• Highly effective and creative collaborators, critical-thinkers, problem-solvers, and communicators using civil discourse.
• Community-minded, culturally-competent leaders who champion diversity.
• Innovators with compassion for self, others, and the global environment.
OUR TEACHERS WILL:
• Provide students opportunities to identify, examine and take action on issues of local and global significance to improve human conditions via service learning projects.
• Facilitate students’ investigation and engagement in rigorous and relevant academic work linked to real and current world issues through key anchor performance tasks.
• Foster and maintain a student-driven community characterized by high levels of engagement, motivation, service, collaboration, and respect for self and others.
• Prepare students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and disposition necessary to matriculate successfully to college and career.
• Understand the potential of technology in the classroom and effectively incorporate digital content within the content area.
• Develop professional knowledge of competency-based education and its key assessment features including anchor performance tasks, exhibitions of learning, and competency scoring rubrics.
• Create and reflect on professional anchor tasks that provide clarity on how to design their course materials ensuring the instructional vision is integral to student learning in all courses; (2) result in coherence in pedagogical practices among teachers; and (3) establish a shared language about instructional practices.
OUR TEACHERS WILL EXPERIENCE:
• Interaction, exploration, and networking with key community partners, and organizations and businesses with a global emphasis.
• Local, regional, national or international travel.
• Facilitating service projects and expeditionary learning opportunities that draw together students’ personal experience and intellectual growth to promote self-discovery and efficacy.