Welcome back Mooney Families!
I am pleased to return as your Say Yes Cleveland Family Support Specialist at Charles Mooney. This letter is to inform you of the opportunities that you and your students can look forward to at Charles Mooney this year.
- Say Yes Survey: A CONFIDENTIAL survey to let FSS know how to support your student and family. The student’s ID# is needed. This and more information can be found in the survey letter provided to each family. If you have more than one student, a survey response is needed for each.
- Integrated Health Task Force: The Integrated Health initiative is one way Say Yes Cleveland and CMSD are focusing on health and education, making it easier for children to access a variety of health care services.
- After School Programming: Programming will be provided for scholars in grades K-8, who complete the enrollment packet completely. This year, programming will be provided by the Greater Cleveland Neighborhood Centers Association.
- Free Support Services: FSS can connect students and families to a wide variety of free services including academic support, mental and physical health, free legal aid, food assistance, medical, dental and vision services, housing assistance and more. A request can be made by contacting me or scanning the QR code at the bottom of this letter.
- Monthly Newsletters with resources and events will be uploaded to the school’s website and posted to Class Dojo every month.
- Parent & Family Engagement Activities: The F.A.C.E. committee will organize and host events monthly for Mooney families.
- True2U: True2U helps every 8th grader in CMSD schools develop good decision-making skills and encourages them to leverage their strengths and interests as they start out on their paths to high school, college, and/or career choices.
- FSS will share eligibility for Say Yes scholarships with students and help with High School Choice. Scholarship books are available in the Say Yes office.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Say Yes Cleveland Family Support Specialist