• Greater Cleveland Food Bank

    food pantry


    A mobile pantry is a Greater Cleveland Food Bank truck full of food that is brought to a central location where clients can pick up food, as they would from a regular pantry.

    Mobile pantries distribute the healthiest and most nutritious food at the Food Bank. A truck will usually contain 90 percent produce (fruits and vegetables) including apples, cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, oranges, melons and more. The remaining 10 percent usually consists of bread, yogurt or another donated item. Typically, each truck delivers more than 10,000 lbs. of food to mobile pantry sites.

    The Greater Cleveland Food Bank works with over 140 partner programs to distribute millions of pounds of produce through our Mobile Pantry Program. The Food Bank partners with nonprofit organizations in our six-county service territory to provide fresh healthy foods to food deserts and underserved areas in Northeast Ohio.

    In addition to providing nutritious food to the community, partners often host cooking and health demonstrations, conduct benefit outreach, play music, provide recipes, and offer arts, crafts and children’s activities. These added features make each distribution a fun community event and help clients become comfortable with the partner organization and the food!


    Community Food Pantry