Family and Community Engagement
The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is responsible for the development of programs and strategies to support the meaningful district-wide engagement of families and community stakeholders in The Cleveland Plan. At the core of our work is expanding the capacity of schools to partner with families and community-based organizations in support of student achievement and school improvement.
Your Network/Building Support:
- Linna Roeung, FACE Coordinator - K8 Network 3
- phone: 216.392.9694
The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is committed to authentic engagement of families/parents and community partners that reflects the following core values:
- All families have hopes and dreams for their children and want the best for them.
- All families have the capacity to support their children’s learning.
- Families and school staff should be equal partners in the education of children.
- The primary responsibility for building partnerships between home and school rests mainly with school leaders and staff.
- Our community partners and stakeholders are valuable contributors to the education of our students in preparing them to compete in the 21st Century Global Economy and are critical to the success of The Cleveland Plan and the continued vitality of the region.
Every school will welcome every family and student (regardless of race, ethnicity, religious or sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, linguistic differences, or family structure). They will work to actively engage families, community agencies and volunteers as partners in student learning and school improvement.
The CMSD Parent Ambassador program helps increase the district’s capacity to build a community of leaders that will support outreach to parents and families. He/she is dedicated to improving the quality of the school and CMSD experience for students and families and is an important part of the school culture. The ideal candidate is involved with the school and is a champion of the school and its community and able to establish and build relationships.
Your Parent Ambassador: