Guidelines for Student Athletic and Extracurricular Eligibility
The Cleveland Metropolitian School District Scholars have additional requirements to participate in Athletics and Extracurriculur Activities.updated 6/24/2014
QUICK REFERENCE FOR PROTECTING STUDENT ELIGIBILITY
- Weekly eligibility card check.
- Attendance to study sessions, if necessary.
- Do not permit student participants to drop a course without first determining whether it will effect eligibility.
- Be knowledgeable of the OHSAA and Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s eligibility requirements.
- Insure that student participants are taking enough courses and achieving the GPA requirements in order to be eligible for the next grading period.
- Work closely with principals, teachers, athletic directors and coaches.
- Contact the athletic director or principal on questions pertaining to eligibility.
- Attend practices on a regular basis.
- Attend classes on a regular basis.
- Be punctual to classes.
- Show good sportsmanship.
- Seek academic assistance when necessary.
- Conduct safe and positive practice sessions.
- Emphasize regular attendance.
- Monitor student eligibility.
- Encourage child to improve through skill and development.
- Encourage regular attendance to school
- Encourage regular attendance at all practices.
- Encourage good citizenship and sportsmanship.