Grades 10-12Imagine a school where you can learn to run a restaurant or a food truck.That’s the real-world advantage of attending Cleveland Culinary Arts; a program where you’ll connect your school learning to experience in the workplace through job shadowing, internships and operating the student-run restaurant The Executive Grille.We offer:
- A small, personalized environment
- Applied learning opportunities
- Partnerships with businesses to solve real-world problems for authentic learning
- A focus on 21st Century skills students need to succeed in college and life
- A culture of teamwork, critical thinking, communications, collaboration and creativity
- A rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum
- An opportunity to earn industry credentials
1/10/2021 -- For Michael Szalkowski, teaching students in remote learning is like hosting a cooking show. He has started what he refers to as his “own little Food Network program.”
Students in the school’s culinary program are busy year round, but this is a peak season. They are filling orders for holiday cookies, a workload that typically adds up to 350 to 400 pounds.
This is the third year for the awards, a partnership between the George Gund and Cleveland foundations, the District and the Cleveland Teachers Union. The goal is to spread best practices by honoring teachers who set a standard of excellence and serve as an example for their peers.
The lunch was FANTASTIC!!! The chips were so fresh, and the dressing was very zesty. Thank you, so much!
Your CMSD Scholar staff did a great job!Thank you!Rojeana Howell-CurtisEducator: NSL Coach & Mentor