Cleveland Culinary ArtsGrades 10-12Imagine a school where you can learn to run a restaurant or a food truck.That’s the real-world advantage of attending Cleveland Culinary Arts; a program where you’ll connect your school learning to experience in the workplace through job shadowing, internships and operating the student-run restaurant The Executive Grille.We offer:
- A small, personalized environment
- Applied learning opportunities
- Partnerships with businesses to solve real-world problems for authentic learning
- A focus on 21st Century skills students need to succeed in college and life
- A culture of teamwork, critical thinking, communications, collaboration and creativity
- A rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum
- An opportunity to earn industry credentials
1/10/2021 -- For Michael Szalkowski, teaching students in remote learning is like hosting a cooking show. He has started what he refers to as his “own little Food Network program.”
Students in the school’s culinary program are busy year round, but this is a peak season. They are filling orders for holiday cookies, a workload that typically adds up to 350 to 400 pounds.
This is the third year for the awards, a partnership between the George Gund and Cleveland foundations, the District and the Cleveland Teachers Union. The goal is to spread best practices by honoring teachers who set a standard of excellence and serve as an example for their peers.