Welcome to Whitney M. Young PreK-8 School
At Whitney Young, students prosper in a positive, child-centered environment. Faculty and staff collaborate with students' families to help students achieve academic success and build strong cognitive, social and creative skills.Whitney Young offers:
- Personalized Learning Model that focuses on the individual scholar
- Integrated and problem-based learning
- VILS program which will provide each scholar from grades 5-8 an I-pad for educational use
- Services for students with mild to moderate learning and behavior issues, including five classrooms for students with multiple disabilities or autism, one classroom for emotionally disturbed students and a special education preschool unit.
- Lunchtime mentoring opportunities which help improve students' attendance, academic attitude, social skills and self-esteem
- A focus on restorative practices and emotional learning to reduce the out-of-school suspension rate
- Beautiful, newly built state of the art campus
- Friendly and hard-working staff to meet the needs of our scholars
2:15 PM - 4:00 PM 100 Minutes: Staff Weekly Professional Development
12:35 PM - 2:05 PM BRAVE Program (Grade 4 Only)
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM High School Choice Fair - East Side
9:00 AM True2U Event (8th Grade Only)
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM CEO Listen & Learn Tour
11/27/2023 -- “I sought this position because I believe in the transformative power of public education,” Lebron said. “Every CMSD student deserves access to an education that not only prepares them academically but also equips them with essential life skills.”
11/09/23 -- Dr. Morgan used the speech to outline his vision and goals for moving the District forward. He also announced a set of benchmarks over five years for which he said the District will be held accountable – benchmarks that include metrics such as graduation rates, college enrollment, and greater proficiency in ELA and math by both elementary and high school students.
CMSD CEO Dr. Morgan wants to hear from you as he begins a listening tour designed to help him better understand the District from the perspective of educators, scholars, families, and the community.
06/29/23 - “The vision here is around giving our families and staff the same experience they would have at AT&T or with any other service provider,” said Timmons. “We always want to be there for our families and give them the resources for anytime, anywhere learning.”
Address:17900 Harvard Ave.Cleveland, OH 44128Hours:7:35 a.m. -2:05 p.m.Phone:216-838-5350Principal:Carlisha BiasAssistant Principal:Nicole DykstraDean of Engagement:Frederick McfarlandNetwork Leader: